Sunday, April 19, 2009

Today is Still Not Over

About 9 pm Grandma is sleeping on the couch. Gently ask her is she wants to go to bed. "NO, why should I, too many people walking, closing doors, going back and forth." "I will go to bed when everyone else does!"

I ask if she drank enough water today, don't want her de-hydrated in the heat. I will have to monitor that from this day on, of course.

Have to watch her until she goes to sleep, Andrew will not fall asleep until I lay in bed w/him. Mitch is on his computer. He is such a help.

Now, Grandma is FINALLY GOING DOWN THE HALL!!!, She goes to the bathroom, stops in the hall and is stressing about tomorrow, "Yes, I am going to work, yes, Mitch and Andrew are going to school" "When! When! When!" she is upset. I tell her the usual times, that it is okay, she can go to bed now. How sad.

2 comments:

  1. In really have to go visit. When is she usually alone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant say enough about this blog!

    Its as if we are in the room with you. I can envision grandma walking down the hall stressing about the next days activities.

    Again, your blog leaves me with mixed emotions.

    And the fact that there is not a hint of any "political correctness" is awesomely refreshing.

    Please continue.......

    ReplyDelete